Wednesday, May 25, 2011

For my Negotiated project I am looking at digital painting, more specifically Digial Matte Painting. After talking to Kathy and Georg, I wrote my brief and set myself at least one digital matte painting to do a day. I then realised how difficult and time consuming they were, so I decided to change my brief to doing perhaps one or two digital matte paintings a week. Along side this I will do some simple digital paintings of backgrounds to get back into drawing again.
Anyhoo, Georg also recommended the Gnomon project tutorials on Matte Painting, which we have in the library. I've taken these out and I am going to try a few to see how matte painting works... as Im not sure exactly. Trusty Wikipedia will tell me more though...


In other news, I managed to get a 60 in my latest piece of writing for Ann, which is ace as I have just been ...diagnosed...(ha!!) with dyslexia with a sprinkling of mild dyspracsia. I am proud of my mark :)