Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Cinematography

Well I managed to get everyone together to get the filming done for our cinematography. After some confusion between people, I set a date and we all went out and cracked on with the filming. We needed really nice sunny weather for the shoot and obviously the sun came out as soon as I walked through my front door after shooting all day! But everything was OK, and I spent 4 hours editing a rough cut last night...


bad edit cinematography socks from Insa Burch on Vimeo.

... It was only at midnight when I realised when trying to render it out, that the footage for each separate place we shot, was a different aspect ratio. I'm not sure how our camera man managed it....but it means going out and spending a day shooting everything again. Needless to say I am not a happy bunny!


Nonetheless, worse things have happened at sea!... Another day in the sunshine filming isn't all bad!


Post Production

Deadline for this is looming, and I thought everything was going swimmingly until today. Unfortunately we only have the TIFF files, as we have...misplaced... the original footage. And we don't know what fps we shot in. So most of today has been spent faffing with premiere, furiously trying to remember what we did when we shot the footage!


In other news, I spent another wasted day on Monday trying to work out how to create the music visualisation for Gareth's project. In my head I know exactly how I want it to look and feel and move, but I am having major difficulties trying to figure out how to create it....

That is all.

Happy Wednesday!