Here are some bits and pieces I have done for Gareth's Swing Heil project. They are the beginnings of the music visualisations...
I needed to get a decent colour pallette and I discovered this website which gave me the inspiration for the colours. I decided to use a complement colour scheme, as I liked the blue highlights. After choosing the colours I drew a quick freehand sketch....
My first go at colouring the image was in Flash, but I didn't like the smooth vector look; I wanted it to have more texture...
...So I spent the majority of today playing with photoshop textures and the like to create this. Gareth said he likes the texture of the orange parts, but the blue parts look too much like foil. I aggree with this opinion so I changed it to this -
After I did this, I put it through After Effect and whacked a glow filter over the top of the image to create a sort of breathing glowy thing.... I will upload that when Vimeo is done with it!
In other art related news, I was asked to do a small portrait of one of my friends for her zine that she is doing.... Its not great but here it is -
I needed to get a decent colour pallette and I discovered this website which gave me the inspiration for the colours. I decided to use a complement colour scheme, as I liked the blue highlights. After choosing the colours I drew a quick freehand sketch....
My first go at colouring the image was in Flash, but I didn't like the smooth vector look; I wanted it to have more texture...
...So I spent the majority of today playing with photoshop textures and the like to create this. Gareth said he likes the texture of the orange parts, but the blue parts look too much like foil. I aggree with this opinion so I changed it to this -
After I did this, I put it through After Effect and whacked a glow filter over the top of the image to create a sort of breathing glowy thing.... I will upload that when Vimeo is done with it!
In other art related news, I was asked to do a small portrait of one of my friends for her zine that she is doing.... Its not great but here it is -




