Monday, January 24, 2011

Long time without posting, I have neglected my blog! For this I feel guilty. This term has kicked off and the work load has doubled since last term, which I am quite excited about. We now have Cinematography lessons with Frankie Keung who teaches on the Film course. The aim of the lectures is to teach us how filming and camera work is integral to Animating and it also co-incides with the Post Production assignment that we have. We had the choice to do a Pre Production assignment or a Post Production assignment. I went to both lectures to see what we'd be doing and I decided to do Post Production as I wanted to try my hand at compositing more and I want to learn some new skills with computer softwear and the like so I figured Post was my best option. I am going to be working with Charlie Minnion and Ryan Mace on the Post project and we have already started planning and brainstorming ideas ready to get working on it as soon as we get the brief.

This term we (second years) are being assigned to third year projects, as they are doing their Final Major Projects and need lots of help. I knew quite a few of the third years previously which meant I could get on with working for some of them a bit earlier. I am assigned to Gareth Sharples project, Swing Heil, which is a 2D drawn animation about jazz music in WWII and Sarah Crombie's project which is a stop motion animation about the relationship between a puppet boy and a Musician. For this I am going to be compositing human eyes on to the footage of the animated puppet boy. Both these project are really fun and I'm looking forward to working on them.

As for my drawing, I have massively neglected this over the festive period, and it was a massive culture shock going back to Life Drawing and discovering I pretty much have no drawing skills left. I need loads more practice!

Here is the latest pretty short from Gobelins -


UN TOUR DE MANEGE from alexis liddell on Vimeo.