I am currently trundling through the various projects we have going. I am approaching the half way mark with my flash lip sync project which is good. I hope to get it finished within the next few days. It is getting to be some what tedious but also quite exhilarating at the same time - its the sense of achievement when you add a few more seconds of lip sync to the piece that is wicked! I will post the video up here as soon as I get it done, but for now all I will say is that it includes ketchup and an excitable pea!
My Maya modeling project is going OK. Slowly but surely it is all coming together.
I started mind mapping my ideas for the ident project a few days ago and I have done a total of 4 mind maps and still no particularly strong ideas until about 4 minutes ago when I decided to take a break and have a look through some new blogs and websites I discovered through Tom Judd's blog (the dude who made the animation "Bruce") I ended up stumbling across a group of Animatiors/Illustrators/Graphic Designers from a uni in Buenos Aires, some of who have created this -
TheHead / hand-drawn animated short from parquerama on Vimeo.
I thought this video was amazing and so delicious to look at! Looking through all the different websites, some of which were in Spanish got me reminiscing to when I was in Central America last summer. So I cracked out the photo album and all the smells and tastes and sounds and feeling came rushing back and I remembered how amazing the whole experience was. I thought this was all fitting as next week I am going away to Canada for a bit of exploring and I decided that traveling would be a really good focus for my ident. I want to incorporate all of my experiences into the ident through pictures, colours and sounds.
Here are a few pictures from my previous journeys....
Thats a little taster, I think I am going to make a mood board and collect up all the images and snippets from various animations to expand my idea...
Ciao!









