I managed to get my essay and backgrounds project handed in on time, so I have a little time to relax until yesterday when I worked out we had another 4 rather large assignments to get on with. We have a storyboarding exercise that Derek gave us - it involves picking a script out of three he has given us and doing the storyboard for it. I have had a look through the scripts and I have picked one which seems to be aimed at kids. Its about a Racoon called Rick, which looks really fun. I am about to start gathering some ideas together and doing some character designs as well. We had life drawing on Thursday and I have a few pics of the drawings I did. I have started teaching my self to write and draw with my left hand (just for emergencies! and also because I was curious to see what the outcome would be) and here are the results -
These are the warm up drawings, I am pretty rusty still. I was quite pleased with the outcome thought, considering I was using my other hand. I think the drawings look a lot looser and I feel I can achieve a more natural curve when drawing with my left, rather than my right. I did a few drawings with my right hand and It felt almost as if because that was my regular hand, I knew what I was drawing without looking at it and so the result was actually not as accurate...
This sequence was done with charcoal and my right hand. I quite like it, although my drawing definitely needs to improve. My fear of charcoal needs to go as well! I get far too carried away by the fact that charcoal makes me cringe when I touch it.
We are getting briefed for two more projects on monday - Virgin TV Ident and a flash project. I am quite excited!