Friday, February 19, 2010

Flash project

We have been given a project by Andy to design and animate some characters on Flash for a student orientated website. We have also been given some audio clips to use to lip sync our characters too. We had to use Soundbooth to cut up the audio and select which part we wanted to use, as the animation can only be around 40 seconds. I have drawn up character ideas in my sketch book and have started working on my background in Photoshop. Here are a few snippets -









I drew this background in Photoshop and then realised after I had done it, that it wasn't vector, so I will either have to do it again in illustrator or find some way around it... 
I think the background looks O.K, but I think I might touch it up and try and make it look a little more realistic. It's the second time I have drawn in Photoshop using a tablet, so it has taken a while to get used to it! I think I might put some clouds in the sky to make it look less... lifeless. I am going to start work tomorrow drawing up my Ketchup bottle and Sausage characters in illustrator. I am hoping to get the whole thing finished this weekend so I can get on with modeling my room in Maya and starting work on the Virgin Ident  and storyboard brief.
Three cheers to no social life!

Tee hee!