Apologies for not updating my bloggy wog for the last week and a bit. Spent last week in Bradford for the Animation Festival and had a thoroughly good time. Saw some amazing and inspirational films and went to some really interesting talks - especially ones by Brian Van't Hul and Claire Jennings who both worked on Coraline. I saw this film for the first time at the festival and was really impressed, it is now one of my favourite films! I also went along to the Jonas Odell retrospective which was ace. His animations are really inspirational and he did a really interesting Q&A after. Other films I really liked were
Bruce (which won the student category),
Mary and Max, French Roast, On the Quiet, Leitmotif, Lost and Found, Little Puppet Boy, Yellow Belly End and Loof and Let Dime. There were so many other films I loved but I shan't list them all!
Anyway, here are some sketches I have done for the drawing project that is due in this week. The project involves drawing people but replacing their heads with animal ones...
In the last meeting we had with Kathy I was told I needed to improve my hands so here are a few I've done -
They are getting slowly better over time but they are still a massive issue! This week we have been given the task to start animating walks, which should be fun but laborious... I will post them as soon as I do them!
Over and Out!